For those of you who don't know, I can't bake. Baking requires precise measurements, long ingredient list and complicated steps which stop me from even trying. This recipe, however, is easy enough for me to follow and the result is amazing!
Please note - glazing is an essential step to make your donuts both TASTE and LOOK way better than non-glazed ones. This is not a healthy smoothie - it's a donut! It's supposed to be a treat but still better than those deep-fried and overly sugary ones.
Ingredients for donuts (yield 6):
1&1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1 tbsp Organic Matcha Everyday Grade
1&1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
3/4 cup soy milk (you can use milk of your choice)
1/4 cup avocado oil (or coconut/canola oil)
Ingredients for soy glaze:
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp soy milk (or milk of your choice)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Matcha Drizzle: I melted one of our plant-based matcha chocolate bar
You can also make your own matcha drizzle
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Greasy the donut pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, matcha, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, oil, and vanilla
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until well incorporate
6. Pipe the batter into the donut pan, and bake 12 - 15 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
8. Meanwhile, mix soy milk with icing sugar to make soy glaze.
9. Use a tong or chopsticks to dip the donut into the glaze. Dip twice if needed.
10. Pour matcha drizzle on top
All done! Take a picture and let us know how it turns out.