I love brownie and I used to make killer brownies before I went plant-based (email me email@example.com if you'd like to have a copy of conventional matcha brownie recipe). After I decided to go plant based, I did a lot of research on making brownies with plant based ingredients. One common ingredient is black bean, and I totally love the chocolate version of it; however neither colour nor flavour goes well with matcha powder. I also tried with banana and couldn't get ANY matcha taste out of it. I kept looking and finally decided to combine two recipes I found into one. This is the best version by far =) It's moist and dense in texture with stand-out matcha flavour. The colour was greener when I first took it out of the oven, and I felt the bottom was still a bit runny so I popped it back in the oven for another 10 min which browned the colour. If you like your brownie green, I'd suggest to keep a close eye on it while baking. Give a try and let me know how it turns out!
- 2 tbsp Organic Everyday grade matcha
- 1 cup almond butter (I blended my own almond butter and the texture is quite dense)
- 2 tbsp almond milk (I used homemade, but store bought should work too)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup (or sub with coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour or alternative
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
3. Combine all ingredients in the food processor and blend well
4. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth out with a spatula.
5. Bake 15 minutes on the center rack
6. Let them sit at least a 1/2 hour if you want them extra gooey, or let
Read more at https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/10/19/almond-butter-brownies-flourless-vegan/#K7i8vLT5UoJr5QbL.99