Summer is around the corner and this has been a stable summer drink for our family! It's so refreshing and not overly sweet. The matcha flavour maintains a very good balance with the lemon flavour and sweetness.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice is strong recommended as the oil from lemon peels will be extracted into the juice and it adds a very nice fragrance to it! I usually make a big batch of lemon syrup and keep in the fridge for a couple of days. Simply add water to it to make lemonade (lemon syrup to water ratio: 1:3), and top up with matcha for matcha lovers like me!
Here's the step-by-step recipe. Tag us on Instagram @whiskmatchayvr for your drink creation!
• A few lemons (usually 5 lemons can produce about 3/4 cup of juice)
• 1 cup of cane sugar
• 3/4 cup of boiling water
• 1/4 cup of warm or cold water
• 1 tsp Whisk Matcha Organic Everyday
• 1 cup of ice
[MAKE SIMPLE SYRUP]
• 1 cup of cane sugar mix with 1 cup of boiling water until it’s completely dissolved
Allow to cool
[MAKE LEMON SYRUP]
• Squeeze lemons to produce 3/4 cup of lemon juice
• Combine lemon juice & simple syrup together
[MAKE MATCHA SHOT - 1/4 CUP]
1 tsp of matcha in a small cup
Prepare 1/4 cup of warm or cold water
Slowly add water to matcha while using a long handle bamboo whisk to make it into a smooth paste
Add the rest of 1/4 cup of water to the paste and mix well
[MAKE MATCHA LEMONADE]
• Add 1 cup of ice, 1/3 cup of lemon syrup, and fill up with water until 3/4 full
• Top up with matcha shot; garnish with fresh lemon slice or lemon zest
All done! Let us know how you like it!